Overweight and severely obese individuals have enough to be concerned with due to the health problems their extra body fat creates. They are at risk for diabetes, cancer, high blood pressure, hypothyroidism, high cholesterol and heart disease as a result of their obesity. Add in an unhealthy mix of diet pill ingredients and they get a host of other problems to worry about.
Not all diet pill and supplements are the same. There are many types of diet pills on the market, both prescription and over-the-counter. Herbal Diet pills are not regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This presents a problem for consumers interested in losing weight. It’s impossible for dieters to know which weight loss products are safe and which ones they need to avoid because of possibly harmful side effects.
You should also be alert for fake diet pills. Hoodia is one diet supplement that is replicated and cut with sawdust and other products. It is sold as a counterfeit version of the real product. As many as 66 percent of the Hoodia diet pills sold in the U.S. contain no Hoodia at all.
Tips for choosing a Diet Pill (and Avoiding the Scams):
1. Look for diet pills that contain all natural ingredients.
2. Watch out for imitation products. Extremely low prices for a normally expensive weight loss product are inviting, but the cheap pills could be cut with other ingredients or not contain any of the ingredients they claim to have.
3. Do your homework on diet pills and supplements. Read scientific studies so you know what you are putting in your body is safe.
4. Only buy diet pills from manufacturers who offer a money-back guarantee. If a company is so sure their product is safe and effective, they will have no problem offering this guarantee.
5. Only buy diet pills and weight loss products from reputable manufacturers.
6. Be aware of potentially dangerous side effects associated with some diet pill ingredients. Follow the instructions carefully and do not exceed the limit on the packaging in an effort to speed up your weight loss.
7. Look over the testimonials of others who have used the diet pill. Read online reviews by trusted experts. What are people saying about the diet pills? Don’t take a company’s own advertising as proof that a weight loss product works well.
Losing body fat takes a lot of effort. Fat doesn’t disappear easily, even with the help of weight loss pills. It takes a comprehensive weight loss program to rid the body of extra fat. Remember that healthy weight loss is between one and two pounds a week. Faster weight loss is possible, but it is not a healthy way to lose weight. It is more likely to leave you with hanging skin, and it makes you more susceptible to regaining the weight.
Diet pills can be an effective way to achieve quick weight loss when you choose wisely and pair them with a healthy diet and daily exercise. Weight loss pills are not as effective when they stand alone as your only weapon in the weight loss battle.